5 tips that will help you get rid of your dusty Marketing and PR trunk to get your truck into the new era
1. Make sure you are delivering your message or experience to consumers in order to build a relationship with them, not only to shoot an ad piece.
2. Try walking on consumers’ shoes to give them exactly what they are looking for (and then cross that with your goals to come up with an idea on what to do, not the other way around). Check Amazon case for detailed info about the difference between search vs browse and how to provide an outstanding consumer experience.
3. Go relevant or go home! In order to catch your consumers’ attention, you have to provide valuable and relevant content that they will use (and that they are currently needing or that it will be great if they have).
4. Not all media are for everyone. Asses the needs and spaces where your target’s journey go through, and hand pick the channels that suits your needs. Mass media is not always the answer. Sometimes targeted online initiatives are significantly more cost efficient. Check the long tail theory for detailed info about this tip.
5. To share is to care, and you should go with your favorites. Sending your press release to all media and influencers is pointless when you have the option to go directly to those who matter the most for you. Remember you should have something really great to say, don’t just send things because you feel you should do so.